Think Twitter doesn’t affect your business? Johnson & Johnson did.
This weekend Motrin became the #1 topic on Twitter. More specifically their web-ad about Babywearing (you know, slings, front carriers etc.) made them the #1 trending topic on Twitter…and not in a good way. In fact, they they managed to offend both people who wear their babies in slings and people who don’t.
By 3pm on Sunday there were:
- More than ninety pages of tweets,
- A Flickr photo group dedicated to pictures of moms wearing their babies,
- A YouTube video replaying ten minutes’ worth of angry tweets,
- Protest t-shirts at CafePress,
- A Facebook group of 181 member,
Every few minutes there were 60 more tweets on the topic.
But there was no response from anyone at Johnson & Johnson or McNeil Health Care Group.
I’m guessing this is going to all over the business news, if not the mainstream news by Monday morning.
Are people Twittering about your business? What are they saying? Do you even know how to find out?
Hint: go here and enter your company’s name.